Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday!

We arrived in New Orleans last night and even though we were a little late, we were still warmly welcomed. After a night of sleep of that couldn't come fast enough, we woke up this morning at 6:30 (seriously, who does that on Christmas vacation?), got ready, ate breakfast, waited, given plans, given other plans, waited around a little more, and then finally got to do some work! This morning, I worked with Phil and these two women from California on putting up drop down ceilings and whatnot. It was really frustrating for me at first because Phil needed me to cut these wires and I just couldn't do it, the wire was too thick and the wire cutters were just too dull. I've never done this before, so I didn't know what was going on and when someone told me what to do, I couldn't do it. Later though, Phil let the two women from CA and me drill/screw all the borders up, and I was beyond excited to be able to actually do something. After that, we ate some wonderful packed lunches and watched some of the boys around play some knockout on the basketball court. It was just amazing to be able to sit at the table and wish that you had a pair of sunglasses on your face because it felt just about like the perfect day, not too hot, not too cold, a little bit of breeze, and wonderful company; who can complain about that? I took pictures of the beautiful day and sent them to my friend, it was wonderful. After lunch, we painted a large section of hallway and listened to some sa-weet music and a good time was had by all. I feel comfortable saying we're all having a good time. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be just as wonderful!! Merry Christmas from New Orleans!!

Tasha

No comments: