Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Home

The word of the day is home, because we are finally home and boy does it feel good to take hot showers and have clean laundry. But more than that, home brings the holidays and the great fortune that I have been blessed with. As I spend time with my family, over meals and presents, I can't help but think of those in New Orleans who have yet to be able to go HOME. In New Orleans we helped build homes, so that some people will be able to have something to call their own again, but I believe that we did more than that. We brought hope to those who saw us working on and in their beloved city and we also bring home with us awareness that we can share with others way here up north so that they too can know of the devastation and be moved to do something about it.
This trip was a wonderful experience for me, one that I can't wait to do again next year. To wrap up this blog and the experience of our trip in general, I just want to leave all of you readers with some awareness of the situation many in our Christian or even just humanly community are facing. I urge and challenge you all to act upon the feeling you experience to want to help, anything, no matter how small, will be something to those people. Be it your money, your time, or even just your prayers, these people need whatever you can share.
God Bless,
Tonya

No comments: