Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Feels Like Home to Me...

First off, kudos to any of you that recognize the song reference. It's a good'un.

It's so good to be back on the Gulf Coast... It just feels so right to be here, doing this work, meeting this people. I was incredibly touched when I first came here... I've never been in one place where every person I meet is made of such tough stuff. I have yet to meet an ungrateful resident-- or a person without a story to tell. I only have a small grasp of what Hurrican Katrina truly meant to these people, but every day I learn a little more. Secretly I'm glad for the opportunity to come here and do what little I can. So sanding and painting aren't always particularly fun? This is so much more than that.

Tomorrow we head to Musician's Village and I can't wait. I have so many memories from my first visit there and I'm incredibly excited about the opportunity to actually work on those homes and support the wonderful culture of Nawlins... I'm telling you, folks, this is a whole different world.

--LeeAnne

No comments: