Monday, December 17, 2007

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Whereas LeeAnne and Melisa have faced quite a predicament, I find myself in my own sort of situation now. You see, what happened is this: I had a video interview to complete and get in the mail before leaving for NOLA and I also had about 80 Christmas cards I wanted to get out in the mail. Well, long story short, I haven't gone to bed yet (it's just about 5 a.m. right now--Phil, who is staying in my room will soon be getting up), and only part of my plans have been carried out. I was able to finally (after much struggle) get my video interview completed and in an envelope to mail out. I also managed about 30 Christmas cards, which is really saying something because I had laundry and packing to do at the same time. (I hope this is making sense, though I have a feeling it's not really flowing like normal writing...probably something to do with my going to bed at 5 a.m. the last two nights as well...)


So, where am I? I'm still up, I am pretty excited for this trip, though I wonder how great it's going to be stuck in a van for 14 hours wanting to sleep yet surrounded by what I presume to be a really fun group of people. Hmmm... I definitely have not yet caught up on sleep from finals (and the previous) week, so it should be interesting to see how my body handles all of this. In addition, one more factor to consider is the fact that, well, I was given two plates of chocolate chip cookies for the trip on Saturday night (the night before we were supposed to leave), and then I was in my room most of today rather than in the van, surrounded by people with whom I could share... Put two and two together, and yes, I have eaten 1.5 plates of cookies. I'm not even sure how many this is, though I am fairly confident that it lies in the range of "dozen(s)." Unfortunately, Teresa had told me that she was baking, too, while stranded in Van Buren awaiting our departure, so I didn't feel guilty in the least about consuming all of the cookies I had been given. All of this adds up to what should be an interesting ride down to say the least. (Cranked up on sugar yet exhausted from major sleep deprivation--which side will prevail???)
(^ All that remains of the once grand, two full plates of cookies.)

And I feel compelled to share, quickly before I leave, that I have been slightly disappointed in this trip already. This is through no fault of anyone else's but "mother nature." Unfortunately, I didn't get to visit with my sister before leaving because of the weather, and she was going to refresh me on how to knit so that I could keep my hands occupied on our travels. This seems like it would've been an opportune time for knitting--but, alas, though I even bought a great new skein of seasonally red yarn, I will not have the opportunity to use it on this trip. Just a minor setback, but noteworthy in my book (or blog post) nonetheless.


NOLA here we come! :)
JM Stratford

No comments: