Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I am so glad that I kept a journal throughout the trip because there is no way I would have remembered all of the experiences we had. New food and new people are just part of it. The culture and way of life is so different from what I am used to. It has been so much fun being able to talk to friends and family about New Orleans. It is amazing how much can be learned from just 6 days.

In those 6 days we can't say that we rebuilt a town, restored a community, or even put up a house. What we can say though, is that we helped. Hundreds of people, at Camp Hope alone, help do all of those things everyday. It has really been a blessing to be a part of something much bigger than just myself. New Orleans really does need all of the help out there.

-Lindsey

No comments: