Friday, December 21, 2007

Bittersweet

Bittersweet is my word of the day. In the women's room this morning I announced that it was the last day at 6am in an upbeat tone. I feel like bittersweet was the emotion that fell onto everyone in the room. It is sad that we only have one more work day left. We will wonder if we made a difference? Yesterday's rain put a delay on many projects around the village, but still work was completed. No we weren't able to finish siding the one side of a house, but our group was able to complete three or four more rows...we are almost there! So yes, I believe we did make a difference. Although, I believe it is only a small difference compared to what needs to happen in the future. (If you are looking for a service trip in the next few years, please consider the gulf coast! There is so much deconstruction and construction that still needs to happen to bring people back to their homes.) It is exciting to know that we will be returning to Bluffton tomorrow. With Christmas right around the corner, I am ready to spend time with my family and friends. What a wonderful trip this has been!
I leave you now so I can go catch some breakfast before we pull the van out at 7am! :)
Katie

No comments: